Thursday, July 20, 2006

I think my head is going to burst!

I just spent the last hour with blogging pro Carlos (and by the way Los, the icon for me to link you at this time is missing, so sorry, I can't link ya) as he went over HTML, iChat, Site Meters, RSS, Net News, what the tab button does, what an apple looks like, and how to scroll with two fingers on my laptop. (Just kidding, he was making fun of me cause I scroll with both my index fingers, says it looks like a dog digging a hole...must be a left-handed thing.) He showed me so many things I have 3 pages of notes. And no, I am not afraid to admit that I don't know what the heck I am doing, I am starting from square one here. Anyways, I have a lot of homework ahead of me so I must get started. First I would like to announce that I now have friends on my sidebar! Yes, yes, thank you. (I am not done yet, so if you are not on there, don't fret, this is part of my homework). I am now on iChat, my username is greneyedsparrow with one "e". Friends, don't forget to add me to yours. So, anyways, this is a step further for me in this blogging world.

So, today I met with a really good friend of mine. Well, we are like strangers now. We don't catch up as often as we used to. So, it's just really weird, how do I explain? hmm. She was my best friend when I was married, her husband was best friends with my husband. Their kids would hang out with mine. We hung out A LOT. We had like everything in common. Then, what happened? LIFE. STUFF. CRAP. SIN. This has been boggling my mind since we said goodbye like 5 hours ago. Since my husband left, my friend and her husband had an almost divorce experience as well. Well, they are working as a team on their marraige, where as I didn't have that option. Anyways, I guess the reason I am boggled is because of old familiar feelings that come with having shared so many memories with certain people. I know that this friendship was great. But it is just that. We are still friends, but it probably won't be what it used to be ever again. But that is ok. Because I know there are different seasons of life and right now the Lord is blessing me with some awesome new friends!!! And He places certain people in our path for a reason! I thank the Lord for the friends that I have had great memories with, but I also thank God for the memories to come!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

that's a good post. lots of honesty and a view into your heart. and thanks for putting me on the "friends" list. I love that we can all keep up with each other through this huge community.

July 21, 2006 8:40 AM  
Blogger Singing Sparrow said...

Of course you're on my friends list AND you are my #1 commenter! yea-ya!

July 21, 2006 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home