Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Man, I'm just not gonna live that one down


This past Sunday, I sang my first solo at church. I didn't just sing it once, but four times. And I was still in the middle of a cold. What a challenge, but I was determined. Oh, where do I start? Well, everything was going pretty well to start. We did the sound check and things were good. I was a bit nervous but that is to be expected. Um, well in the midst of things, there was a mix-up with the vocalists mics and somehow my mic that the musicians were counting on me using ended up with someone else...oops. So the band was sort of freaking out that they couldn't hear me in their in-ears. I didn't know what was going on 'cause I couldn't hear me either. Well, it was patched and sort of we just had to deal with it...couldn't do a whole new sound check with the band, that would take too much time. So, anyways, I was already nervous, but this made it harder. Oh well. And on top of it, I was forgetting the words. I actually had the words in front of me...but they were in small print on a stand a couple feet away, and the lights were shadowing them. So, first service had the honor of hearing me share with everyone some freestylin'. The words I had forgotten were "you are the only firm foundation". So as I was singing, I got to the part "you are the only" oh man, what is He...?....then the word "perfect" came out....ok....perfect what....quick, think of something.....?!?....I actually said "LOVER". "You are the only perfect lover". Right, duh, everyone knows He's such a great lover. ohh. sorry carlos, if it makes you feel any better, yes, I am embarassed, but I feel like, why deny it? Let's just laugh about it instead. hah. So, that was the first service, now for second. Second was going a bit better. The first time, sang it through, the second time, not so much. The intro to the song was starting and so I was getting ready with the mic. As I lifted the mic up to my mouth, the cord had come unplugged from the mic due to my foot having been on the cord below. So, I tried to casually place the cord back in and I could feel the countdown as the measures kept getting closer to go time. And Carlos so graciously says, "No pressure." lol, yeah, none here. So, I don't end up getting it back in in time, it was being stubborn. But, Sarah saves the day and chimes in the first verse for me!!! yea. Teamwork, I love it! It was perfect, like it was supposed to be that way the whole time. So, it all worked out. And actually, even after all that, I still don't think these things are as big of a deal, they happen all the time, just so happened they all occured in one morning.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carlos said...

No pressure. Should I keep your phone?

July 19, 2006 2:25 PM  
Blogger Whittaker Woman said...

I love to sit on the front row because you get to see these things go down with front row seats. You did fine. h

July 20, 2006 4:15 PM  
Blogger Rhi said...

I thought you did swell on the first set. The Sarah-YOU tag-team for the second set was awesome! no worries!

July 20, 2006 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home