Sunday, July 02, 2006

my first post




ha. i did it! step one has been completed. now to write. gosh, where do i start? well, for one, i am happy to be back home from a busy week. this week was spent from tues. to friday at the Purpose Driven Worship conference at Saddleback. it was so amazing but tiring at the same time. just starting early with worship, to speaker, to afternoon classes, then back for evening concerts. the classes were superb! i learned about songwriting, arranging music, and even attended my fellow friend Carlos' blogging and podcasting class...(yes, this is where it all began...) so, yes, this week has been awesome and just felt a renewal within and feeling motivated to do more and better. THEN, i get home. and the enemy just wants to attack... i feel so exhausted (yes, getting 4-5 hours of sleep every night might have something to do with this.), i get a notice in the mail from my lawyer stating i have an outrageous balance due and i have 10 days respond. now, at this point, i know it's satan trying to get under my skin. he wants to see me fold. so i pray. i know that this has got to be a mistake, so i will just lean on Him and keep trusting. then this morning at church i feel the presence of the Lord. he is so good. i am singing on stage and there i am not the most comfortable, it is still a stretch for me. i do not like the spotlight or to be the center of attention. i don't like being watched. i am more of the behind the scenes kinda person. but the Lord has placed me there for a reason. he has given me the gift of song and i truly believe that i must use it for Him, not me. so whether i am more comfortable mixed in the midst of the rest of the congregation than on stage, i will sing to him with my heart. i know He will bless me for doing His will.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

What's up Melissa!? way to go on starting the blog. I thought you had done one on wordpress, but anyways. It's crazy how quickly life creeps back in after a great week like that. Keep us posted on what is going on! It was great meeting you and now I'll have another friend to see whenever we come to Sandals.

July 05, 2006 10:36 AM  
Blogger Hale-Yeah! said...

hey, i got your comment. thanks. FYI: when you put your URL down, in the comment box, make sure it is greeneyedsparrow.(dot not @)blogspot.com. that way people can link to your site straight from mine.

July 06, 2006 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home